You know what you want to blog about, you’ve got your niche and created your own space on the internet. Now you want to fill it with your ideas and knowledge. But…. what are you going to write about? How do you find blog post ideas?
In the last post on starting a blog, we explored what niche your blog might be in. In this post, we will look at the categories and topics you might want to cover as well as how to create 50 post ideas in 5 minutes.
When I started this site, I knew I wanted to combine both blogging and writing in one place. So I grabbed a pad of paper and started brainstorming ideas of the types of topics I wanted to write about. I came up with:
Then under each of these titles, I thought about the types of posts I wanted to write about.
Blog Post Ideas
Grabbing 5 pieces of paper, I added a category title to the top of each page. I then spent some time thinking about what I know about in each of these areas and listed them down. It is also a good idea to note down what you wanted to learn and share.
- How to start a blog
- Blog post ideas
- How to structure an engaging blog post
- Start earning an income from blogging
- Maintain your blog
- Working with brands
- Social media tips
- Utilising Facebook groups
- Grow your blog traffic
- Best plugins for your site
- 5 writing books you need to read
- Can creativity be taught?
- 5 ways to increase your online presence
- Self-publishing or traditional?
- Plotting or Pantsing?
- How to overcome writer’s block
- How to start a novel
- Ways to nurture creativity
- Character or plot driven?
- Artist’s date – why you should go on one
- Affiliate Marketing
- Pitching to magazines
- Creating products
- Selling your stories
- Content writing
- Helping other writers
- Social media manager
- Freelance working
- Getting published
This section is for reviews. I tend to read at least one book a month and one on audible. This gives me 24 blog posts and is a great way to explore how other authors write.
- How to start journalling
- Journalling to improve your writing
- Creating content from journal entries
- Favourite notebooks to journal in
- Best place to find journal prompts
- Journal the seasons
- What to do with your journal
- How other writers journal
- My favourite journal prompts
- Journalling or Bullet Journal
From that list, I have 64 blog post ideas, more than enough to blog about for a whole year if I just post once a week.