Keeping our skin in great condition is very important, not only does what we eat have an impact upon the structure of our skin, but also the products we use. With the amount of choice we have available to us for every area of our lives, skin care can be a mind field and with many contradicting pieces of information available on the internet, finding products that will actually improve our skin rather than damage it further can be difficult to find.
With this in mind, I have started to create some products I use at home from natural everyday ingredients that eliminate the risk of applying chemicals that can do more harm than good.
Over the coming months, I want to share with you these products and to showcase just how easy it can be to make your own products out of the things you no doubt have sitting in a cupboard or pantry.
Today, I’m sharing this great homemade lavender salt scrub that will revitalise tired skin and leave a clear surface to absorb your favorite body moisturiser. Also the Lavender in this recipe will help to calm any sore patches as well as leaving you feeling chilled. Great for the warm Summer months.
As with anything homemade, please try this product out on a small area of skin prior to using all over. Do not use this if you are allergic to lavender.
- 2 tbsp sea salt
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 drops lavender essential oil
- Place salt in a bowl. Now depending on how fine you want your scrub to be, you can with use a salt grinder or pestle and mortar to grind the salt crystals. If you haven’t got a pestle and mortar, use the back of a spoon.
- Add the oil and essential to the salt and mix thoroughly.
- Use immediately and ensure you rinse your skin really well after .
- When applying to your skin, use small gentle circular movements so as not to aggravate your skin.